Go Back   VietBF > Other News|Tin Khác > Health Care in English

Old 05-17-2021   #721
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,859 Times in 12,760 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

Same Old Tired Story
BIZARRE, HOSPITAL, NURSES, PATIENTS, TENNESSEE, USA | HEALTHY | AUGUST 6, 2018
(My nurse recounts this story to my father, her coworker, after I wake up from appendix surgery.)

Nurse: “I’m getting her to recovery and expecting her to be out for another few minutes when she suddenly sits up, turns to me, and tells me in the most deadpan voice, ‘Hey, I’m going to throw up now. Sorry,’ and spews. Then she makes a face, lays back down, and falls right back asleep.”

Dad: *snorts* “Funny thing is, sleep-walking and -talking runs in our family. I do it, and my sister does it. It wouldn’t surprise me if my daughter does, too.”

Nurse: “She warned me. Maybe she just woke up for a minute.”

Dad: “She’s a teenager. She hasn’t been awake since she was twelve.”

(And that’s when I ACTUALLY woke up from the surgery and started grumbling about feeling groggy. Either way, I don’t remember puking, or telling the nurse I was going to. And to be fair to my dad, it’s ten years later, and I’m STILL always tired.)
florida80_is_offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021   #722
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

Will Fight You On This Tooth And Nail
DENTIST, FRANCE, PATIENTS, STUPID | HEALTHY | AUGUST 5, 2018
(I study dentistry at a dental clinic in France. The dental clinic is split into what we call services: surgery, prosthetics, urgent care, etc. That means that a patient who wants the teeth we remove to be replaced by a prosthesis needs to coordinate his appointments with both services. It’s more complicated than just going to a regular dentist, but in France clinics make you pay exactly what healthcare reimburses, making it free for everyone, apart from “better” acts, like implants. The basic stuff is 100% covered, though, and that’s why poor people come here. Every service is clearly labeled. I have this interaction while working in the surgery service, with a patient who has six teeth left, and NO prosthesis.)

Me: “So, according to your file, we have to remove those three teeth.”

Patient: “But you will replace them, right?”

Me: “It says in your file that you have an appointment in prosthesis; they will take care of it.”

Patient: “But I want you to do it now! It’s in two months!”

(It is rather urgent that his teeth be removed, as they have already become infected in the past.)

Me: “Ah, well, then, we can remove the teeth now, and you can go to your planned appointment. In fact, it’s not that bad; we require about two to three months of healing before we can make a fully-functional prosthesis.”

Patient: “What will I do without my teeth, though? I’d rather stay like this and come back in two months!”

(The teeth we’re talking about are premolars. His front teeth, the incisors, are long gone, as are his back teeth, his molars. The premolars serve no purpose if they’re not surrounded or faced by other teeth.)

Me: “Are you sure? They could get infected again and cause you a lot of pain. They’re of no use to you, you can’t eat with them, and we don’t see them when you smile.”

Patient: “I want to keep them! What would I do without them?”

(I don’t know, the exact same thing you’ve been doing for the past ten years with your six remaining rotten teeth? He ended up leaving and refused any care. Bet he’ll b**** and moan when, in two months, they tell him they can’t do a nice prosthesis for two other months…)
Old 05-17-2021   #723
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Interesting Germinating Little Minds
FUNNY KIDS, HEALTH & BODY, HOME, NON-DIALOGUE, USA | HEALTHY | AUGUST 4, 2018
When I was little, my mom was trying to teach me to wash my hands after I went to the bathroom. She told me that germs would climb onto my hands from the toilet, and that if I didn’t wash my hands to kill them, they might make me sick.

At that time, I didn’t realize that she meant that there were germs already on the toilet, and thus even flushing the toilet would contaminate my hands. I thought she meant that as I went to the bathroom, the germs would climb up my body, specifically trying to get to my hands so they could make me sick.

This led to a few years of me using the bathroom while holding my hands as far out as I could, so that the germs would have farther to climb. If my arms touched my upper body, for example, the germs could take the shortcut through my elbows and get to my hands sooner. If I took too long, there were germs all over my hands, and I needed to wash them. If I was fast enough, though, the germs hadn’t had a chance to get to my hands, and I didn’t have to wash them.

I am very sure that that was not the lesson my mother meant to teach me, but it’s the lesson my young self learned.
Old 05-17-2021   #724
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

All Doctors To Procreation Stations!
DOCTOR/PHYSICIAN, ENGLAND, JERK, MEDICAL OFFICE, UK | HEALTHY | AUGUST 2, 2018
(I’ve been having stabbing pains in my abdomen and eventually go, by myself, to the doctor surgery. I am also a “Miss,” as in, not married.)

Doctor: “I see you have PCOS. This pain could just be that.”

Me: “I know there’s pain related to that, but it’s not in the right places and does not feel the same.”

Doctor: “Okay.”

(He’s reading my notes, which surprises me, as other doctors at this surgery don’t.)

Doctor: “You know, it’s not as bad as you may think. There’s a lot we can do now to make sure you can have children now.” *goes on a really long spiel about getting pregnant and having kids, etc.* “Do you want me to arrange an appointment to discuss it with [Doctor]? Or would you like to discuss it with your partner first?”

Me: *thoroughly bewildered* “Um… No, thanks.”

Doctor: “You should talk to your partner about it. He might want kids whilst you’re both young.”

(He went on about PCOS more and having kids, before going back to the reason I was there in the first place. I get making sure I knew that there were options for kids in the future, but I don’t have a partner, and don’t want kids –which he didn’t check before going on about it — and that wasn’t the reason why I was there.)
Old 05-17-2021   #725
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

You’ll Stress-Knit A Whole Outfit At This Point
DOCTOR/PHYSICIAN, IGNORING & INATTENTIVE, MASSACHUSETTS, MEDICAL OFFICE, PSYCHIATRIST, USA | HEALTHY | AUGUST 1, 2018
(I’m waiting to see my psychiatrist for a medication check-up. This office schedules meds appointments in fifteen-minute blocks; they’re a quick in-and-out to make sure the meds are working before the prescription is refilled. I arrive five minutes before my appointment and am told I’m seeing a new doctor. I’m a little annoyed that they didn’t tell me this when the appointment was being set up — my father works in the mental health field and I’m uncomfortable being seen by his coworkers — but whatever; maybe my regular doctor is out sick. So, I go to the waiting room. And wait. And wait. At twenty minutes past my appointment time — so, five minutes after it is supposed to be over — I hear the receptionists chatting. They say something about the new doctor having computer problems. Okay, stuff happens. Forty minutes past my appointment time, the person who is waiting before me gets into a shouting match with the receptionists about how late things are running. I’m frustrated too, but an extra person yelling won’t change anything, and I have plenty of time, so I keep waiting. Finally, fifty minutes after my scheduled time, a harried-looking man calls my name and introduces himself as the doctor. I’m expecting him to apologize for the delay, or offer an explanation, or anything. Nope. He doesn’t say a word until we get to his office. Now my appointment starts in earnest.)

Doctor: “So, do think you’re depressed?”

Me: *pause* “This appointment is literally to treat my diagnosed depression, so, um, yeah.”

(He doesn’t respond at all to this. He doesn’t even look at me. He has a walking desk, so he’s power-walking in place while he types on his computer. And he keeps typing. For almost ten minutes. I almost stand up and walk out. But I’ve already been here forever, I don’t want to have to do this all again, and I need my meds refilled. So, I take out my knitting and work on that for a bit.)

Doctor: “Do you want to keep taking [Medication #1 ] and [Medication #2]?”

Me: “Yes, please.”

(He types for a few more minutes.)

Doctor: “I’ve sent in the prescriptions for those. I’ll see you again in five months.”

Me: “Thank you.”

(I get up to leave.)

Doctor: “Wow! You’re so fast at knitting! What are you making?”

Me: “A sweater. Bye.”

(I was at that office for over an hour, but in the appointment for less than fifteen minutes. He said almost nothing to me, and half of what he did say was about knitting. And when I went to the pharmacy, only one of the prescriptions had actually been sent over!)
Old 05-17-2021   #726
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

No Spoonful Of Sugar Is Helping This Medicine Go Down
BAD BEHAVIOR, FLORIDA, JERK, PATIENTS, PHARMACY, USA | HEALTHY | JULY 31, 2018
(When you come to pick up a prescription, I have to make sure it’s going to the right person or I get written up and, if I get written up enough times, lose my job. This particular pharmacy asks that we verify the address on file, but if they don’t know it, I’ll usually take some other manner of verification if necessary. It’s late, and there’s an hour and a half left to go of a seven-hour day, and all I want to do is go home, so I admit I’m a bit tired. A guy comes up who couldn’t be more than 22, I’d guess, and I smile and go to the register, asking him who he’s picking up for.)

Guy: “My girlfriend.”

Me: “Okay. What’s her name?”

Guy: “[First Name].”

(I need a last name in particular to search, and unfortunately most of the younger crowd usually never give their last name unless prompted. I have no idea why.)

Me: “What’s her last name?”

Guy: “[Last Name].”

(I go over to get it, which doesn’t take long, and return.)

Me: “And what’s her address, please?”

(He gives me this look like I’ve told him that the sky is green or that he’s standing on his head.)

Guy: “I’ve picked up before and they’ve never, ever asked me for her address before.”

(Then he clearly hasn’t picked up for her before at this pharmacy, because we always ask for the address. I say it so often that even when I’m doing things that don’t require it, I sometimes end up saying the words. Sometimes I end up asking them their address before I ask their name, before I can stop myself.)

Me: “Um… We always ask for the address.”

Guy: “No one has ever asked me before!”

Me: “Well, sometimes if you don’t know it, we’ll try another way to verify. Do you know it?”

Guy: “No!”

Me: “Okay, what’s her date of birth?”

(That, he knows. He tells that to me and I’m assured that I have the right person. A new law was passed in July that on certain types and classes of medicines, I now have to ask for a form of ID and enter it into the computer. What he’s picking up falls into that class.)

Me: “I need to see your ID, please.”

Guy: “Why?”

Me: “It’s the law as of the first of July. I have to have an ID.”

Guy: “Does that mean I have to get hers from the car?”

Me: “No, I need yours, since you’re picking it up.”

Guy: “But… does that mean I have to get hers?”

Me: “Um… No. I need yours.”

Guy: “I don’t have mine.”

Me: “Then she has to come in and pick it up.”

Guy: “Why can’t I just go get hers and give it to you?”

(Now I can understand his hesitancy. There’s a big storm that has been going on all day, but neither weather nor annoying teenagers are going to make me break the law.)

Me: “Because it’s her license. Whatever license I have has to be for the person picking up. It’s the law.”

(We go back and forth about this for another minute, to the point that my pharmacist has to come over and back me up, telling him that we have to follow all rules and regulations, and if it’s her license, it has be her. He finally goes out to get her and comes back in. I think this is a wonderful opportunity to do my job right now that she’s here.)

Me: “What’s your address?”

Girl: *throws her ID on the counter* “On file.”

Me: *blink*

(I’ve never had a customer refuse to give their address. Sometimes they’ll pretend to give me a hard time or forget some of the numbers, but I’ve never had someone give me a smart a** remark about it being “on file,” because most have the intelligence to realize that there’s a reason I’m asking for it and it’s most certainly not to hear myself talk. I want to keep my job.)

Me: “I’m sorry; we ask that for verification. If you don’t know yo—”

Girl: *interrupts snottily* “I know my address. It’s [address].”

(She picked up her license from the counter and proceeded to throw it again. I decided I’d had enough of dealing with the twat that was clearly just too lazy to come in and sent her boyfriend in for her, since I could see no legitimate reason for her not to come in besides the rain. And part of me wanted a little bit of revenge for these people half my age giving me a hard time, so I took my time, every bit of it that I could, prolonging the transaction just because they were antsy. As they left, she shot me a glare, snatched up her prescription, and then went to the industrial scale nearby that people use to measure weight and proceeded to jump up and down on it once or twice before leaving.)
Old 05-17-2021   #727
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Suffering Bad Pet Owners
BAD BEHAVIOR, MARYLAND, PETS & ANIMALS, USA, VET | HEALTHY | JULY 30, 2018
(I work the front desk in a highly recommended vet hospital that has both appointments with doctors and a walk-in emergency service. Emergency visits are always a trip. A young man walks in, carrying his dachshund mix. He tells me that his dog is having respiratory distress, so I take her back to see the doctor first before getting his information. It turns out that the dog has been having breathing troubles for two days. The doctor is not impressed with that info and, with client approval, takes some x-rays to see what might be going on internally. It’s cancer, a lot of cancer in all of the places. The dog is not comfortable outside of oxygen, so the vet goes to talk to the owner to explain that euthanasia is the only humane option. By this point, the owner’s father has come to join him and has brought his own dog. He is handling the dog very roughly and occasionally whacks the dog lightly with the end of the leash when he thinks the dog is misbehaving.)

Father: “Vets just want to take your money! Don’t worry, [Dog], they’re not going to see you. This is where dogs come to die.”

(He is making other clients uncomfortable, so I warn the ER doctor as she goes in to speak with them. The client is understandably shocked and upset, but the father is whole other matter.)

Father: “We’re not ready to put her down yet. Can you give us meds to keep her comfortable for another week?”

Vet: “Sir, she isn’t comfortable at all outside of oxygen. It would be against medical advice to take her out of oxygen and take her home.”

Father: “I’ll take her out of oxygen if I want to! It’s not like she’s suffering!”

(The vet was literally so angry she had to leave the room because yes, this dog was suffering! The father continued to be resistant, but the client agreed that it was in her best interest to euthanize her immediately, and handled the rest of the visit like a rational adult.)
Old 05-17-2021   #728
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

After Hours Is After You
IMPOSSIBLE DEMANDS, MEDICAL OFFICE, PATIENTS, TEXAS, USA | HEALTHY | JULY 29, 2018
(I work for a company that takes hospital calls and after-hours calls for doctor’s offices. The majority of our doctors DO NOT take certain type calls after office hours, and only specific doctors can be called. Some patients refuse to acknowledge that and only make themselves look the bigger fool. It is late on a Friday.)

Me: “Hello! You’ve reached [Service]; how can I help you this evening?”

Caller: “I need [Doctor] paged.”

Me: “All right, ma’am, [Doctor] is not on call; however, the on-call doctor will be taking the page.”

Caller: “No. I don’t want the on-call doctor; I want [Doctor].”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I am unable to do that. It’s against policy to page doctors not on call.”

Caller: “I don’t care; I want [Doctor] paged now.”

Me: “All righty, ma’am, I’ll need this information.”

(I list off information needed and the caller interrupts.)

Caller: “Why do you need that information? You’re the doctor’s office; you should be able to look at the computer.”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m not the doctor’s office. I’m [Service]; I handle after-hours calls at a separate location.”

Caller: *huffily gives half the info needed*

Me: “I also need the reason you need to page the after-hours doctor.”

Caller: “I need my birth-control refilled. I ran out today and I need more.”

Me: *trying not to let the aggravation seep into my tone* “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I’m unable to page the doctor for this reason. Prescription refills are to be handled by the office on Monday when they open.”

Caller: “But this is an emergency!”

Me: “I apologize, but I am unable to send that page.”

Caller: “You’re the doctor’s office! You have to send it to the doctor! What am I supposed to do until then? Not have sex?”

Me: *just over her attitude* “Ma’am, the doctor’s policy is that prescription refills are to be handled by the office on Monday.”

Caller: *rains down a multitude of expletives before threatening to get me fired and hangs up*

(She STILL calls almost every other month with the same issue. Friendly reminder: if you see you have two days for ANY prescription, please, please, please call it in before then and don’t wait until after hours to get a refill!)
Old 05-17-2021   #729
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Cholesterol-lol
JERK, MEDICAL OFFICE, NURSES, TEXAS, USA | HEALTHY | JULY 28, 2018
CONTENT WARNING: This story contains content of a medical nature. It is not intended as medical advice.

(I am a female and a teenager. I’m temporarily on a medication that has a lot of side effects, one of the main ones being high cholesterol. I have no prior history of high cholesterol, though. I’m at the doctor’s office with my mom specifically to check that the side effects of the medication are not getting out of hand.)

Nurse: “Okay, so, looking at your results, your cholesterol is higher than it should be.” *addressing my mom* “Mom, no more serving hamburgers, and no more fast food! All that salt, red meat, and fat is really bad for teenagers, even if that’s all they want to eat.”

Mom: “Actually, we never eat fast food, and we’ve been eating pescatarian for the past few months.”

Me: “Yeah, I don’t think I’ve gone to a fast food restaurant in years.”

(The nurse looks a little flustered at this point.)

Nurse: “Well, I know how teenagers are in the summer, so try to do some walking, at least! No more laying around on the couch all day!”

Me: “I’ve actually been swimming a mile every day, and I am working as a lifeguard.”

(The nurse is starting to look annoyed, like she doesn’t believe us.)

Nurse: “Right… Well, you need to fix this, or we’re going to have to put you on medication, and you’re too young to be on cholesterol medication.”

(My mother is getting annoyed and defensive now.)

Mom: “She’s on [Medication]; that’s the whole reason we’re here! Isn’t high cholesterol one of the side effects of the medicine?”

Nurse: *glaring at my mom* “Well… Sometimes.”

Mom: “Don’t you think that might be the reason she has high cholesterol, then?”

(The nurse just walked out at that point, and we didn’t see her the rest of the visit. We mentioned it to the doctor later, but she just said, “Well, your cholesterol is kind of high.” Luckily, once I got off the medication a few months later, my cholesterol dropped back down. But seriously, at least ask questions before making patronizing assumptions about someone’s diet and exercise.)
Old 05-17-2021   #730
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

A Crazy Lack Of Competence
BAD BEHAVIOR, BOSTON, DOCTOR/PHYSICIAN, HOSPITAL, MASSACHUSETTS, NURSES, USA | HEALTHY | JULY 27, 2018
(I’m Bipolar I and not medicated. We’ve tried a few different combinations of drugs for me, but unfortunately I either have side effects or it simply doesn’t help anything. While therapy has been helpful, it’s not perfect; I still need the occasional trip to a psychiatric hospital. For this particular incident, I am sent to a completely different hospital, which I later learn is more adequately equipped to handle patients seeking drug rehab. However, even that seems to be inaccurate, as I learn during my three-and-a-half day visit. On day one, a patient and the head of the wing are talking in a common area

Patient #1 : “When do you think I can go home?”

Doctor #1 : “Sunday. Your insurance lets us hold you another week.”

(For a little context, during a previous group session I had with [Patient #1 ], he mentioned he’s been here almost two weeks and the head of the group commented on how much progress he’s made. As my stay continues, it isn’t uncommon to overhear the nurses gossiping about how they can’t believe the doctors still won’t discharge [Patient #1 ]. Day two: one of the other patients is a new mother with apparently no thought filter. As a result, she frequently talks about how she has to pump if the subject even remotely drifts towards family or children. One of the other patients finally gets fed up with it and a fight nearly breaks out. Unlike the mother, the other patient is allowed to leave the wing to go have lunch in the cafeteria.)

Doctor #2 : “Okay, [Patient #3 ], you just lost your cafeteria privilege for today.”

Me: “But doesn’t [Patient #2 ] have to stay up here, too?”

Doctor #2 : “Of course.”

Me: “So, you’re going to lock them in the wing together when most of the staff is down in the cafeteria?”

Patient #1 : “Besides, isn’t [Patient #3 ] getting discharged tomorrow?”

(After enough of us band together, the doctors finally agree the best thing they can do for both patients is to separate them. Also of note, a fourth patient is discharged at the end of day two, with a certain nurse helping her gather her things. On day three, though I’ve only had three or four sessions with her, I bid [Patient #3 ] farewell as she is gathering her things from the storage locker with the same nurse who assisted yesterday’s discharge. Just as I go to leave

Patient #3 : “Where’s my backpack?”

Nurse #1 : “Your what?”

Patient #3 : “My backpack. I came in with a pink backpack from [Brand]. Where is it?”

Nurse #1 : “We only had one like that. It was [Patient #4]’s, wasn’t it?”

Patient #3 : “Wha?!”

Nurse #1 : “She said that bag was hers. We gave it to her when she left last night.”

Patient #3 : “YOU GAVE HER MY BACKPACK?!”

Nurse #1 : “Sorry. We’ll call the police and report the theft.”

Patient 3: “WHAT THE F***’S THAT GOING TO DO? SHE’S BEEN GONE A DAY ALREADY! WHY DIDN’T ANY OF YOU NOTICE THE BAG WASN’T LABELLED FOR HER?” *begins crying*

Nurse #1 : “Calm down! It’s just a backpack!”

Patient #3 : “THAT BACKPACK HAD MY WALLET IN IT! WITH MY LICENSE AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD! YOU LET HER STEAL MY IDENTITY!”

Nurse #1 : “We can replace those things!”

Patient #3 : “IT HAD THE ONLY PICTURE I HAVE OF ME WITH MY FATHER! YOU CAN’T REPLACE THAT! HE DIED AFTER I WAS BORN!”

Me: “Get the f****** police already, you dips***!”

(I didn’t know what else to do. The police do show up, though I have no idea how this story ends or if anything was done about [Nurse #1 ]. On day four — my release day — I’m sitting in the common area playing cards, waiting for my girlfriend to show up and drive me home. Needing a fourth for Hearts, one of the nurses agrees to join us.)

Nurse #2 : “[My Name], you sure know how to pick ’em. Of all the weeks you could’ve shown up!”

Me: “I’m amazed, too.”

Nurse #2 : “Yeah, but this ain’t even the worst of it. One patient last year always ran his mouth. ‘I’m in for bestiality!’ ‘I’m a member of the local KKK and they think this’ll cure me!’ and on and on. All cause he didn’t want to admit he tried to kill himself after his girlfriend broke up with him.”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Nurse #2 : “Yeah, he just kept making excuses to justify the cuts on his arms.”

Me: “You can’t tell us that! His medical records are still privileged!”

(I’ve never been back. I haven’t looked it up yet, because I’m truly frightened that it might still be open.)
Old 05-17-2021   #731
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Might Actually Be Worth Getting Whooping Cough, Instead
DUBLIN, IRELAND, JERK, MEDICAL OFFICE, RECEPTION | HEALTHY | JULY 27, 2018
(I’m midway through my pregnancy and have been putting off getting the whooping cough vaccine, so I call my doctor to schedule an appointment.)

Me: “Hi. I was wondering if I could book an appointment for the whooping cough vaccination?”

Receptionist: “What’s your name and date of birth?”

Me: “That’s [My Name] and [date].”

Receptionist: “It says here you’re 22 weeks.”

Me: “Yep.”

Receptionist: “Then, no, you can’t have an appointment.”

Me: “Um, right. Is there any reason why not?”

Receptionist: “The vaccine is only available from 26 weeks.”

Me: “Oh, right. I thought [Doctor] said I could get it from 16 weeks. I must have misheard. It’s okay, though, I can wait another four weeks.”

Receptionist: “Let me check with the doctor. Hold the line.”

(Pause.)

Receptionist: *sarcastically* “Well, I guess the doctor just knows more than me, huh? Clearly I’m just a receptionist, so I wouldn’t know anything. Apparently you can get it from 16 weeks.”

Me: “So, can I book an appointment?”

Receptionist: “At 11 on Monday.”

Me: “That’s perfect. Thank you.”

Receptionist: “The vaccine isn’t free, you know.”

(Most health care is free while pregnant in Ireland, but things like vaccines aren’t.)

Me: “Yep, that’s fine. I have no issue paying.”

Receptionist: “Good, because you have to pay. You’re not getting it free.”

Me: “I know.”

Receptionist: “Because it’s not free. You have to pay.”

Me: *Pause* “Is there anything else you need from me?”

Receptionist: “No, but when you come in for the appointment you have to pay.”

Me: “Okay, bye now.”
Old 05-17-2021   #732
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Ugh… Mondays
GERMANY, HEALTH & BODY, IGNORING & INATTENTIVE, PATIENTS, WORDPLAY | HEALTHY | JULY 27, 2018
(I work as a speech therapist. While I mostly work with children, I have a handful of adult patients with brain damage. As most of them aren’t able to walk, I visit them at home. All of the patients have fixed appointments once or twice a week. After some recent changes, I end up with an awkward schedule — driving from one end of the town to the other, back and forth — that makes me lose about two hours a week due to driving. I plan to coordinate this better and ask all of my patients if they are okay with different times and/or dates. It works well with everyone at first. I talk to one of my patients, a senior citizen, whom I visit every Monday and Wednesday.)

Me: “I plan to change my weekly schedule. Would it be okay if we moved Monday’s sitting from 11:00 to 13:50?”

Patient: “Well, the physical therapist is there until 13:45, so it should be fine.”

(On the next Monday, I arrive at 13:55. The physical therapist is still with her.)

Me: “Oh, am I early? I am sorry. I thought you two would be done by now”

Physical Therapist: “Oh, no, we still have 15 minutes left. We always have until 14:10.”

Me: “I’m sorry; I didn’t know that. [Patient], we need to reschedule our Monday’s appointment.”

Patient: “Huh? Why? I thought it would be only once. I figured we could cut the therapy a bit shorter today and go back to normal next week.”

Me: “I’m afraid I can’t do that, as I already gave that time to another patient. I am so sorry that I didn’t make it clear that the change would be permanent. My schedule is packed, but what about Tuesday, 11 o’clock instead of Monday?”

Patient: “I am at the daycare on Tuesdays and Fridays”

Me: “That isn’t a problem for me. We have lots of patients in day care. I could visit you there, if that’s okay with you?”

Patient: “Yes, let’s do this.”

Me: “Okay, so now, instead of Monday, I will visit on Tuesdays every week.”

(With everything being clear, we start practicing. On Wednesday I visit her as always, reminding her of our new permanent appointment once again. The next Tuesday, I drive to the day care facility to find her completely surprised, but not by the fact that I showed up there today.)

Patient: “Where were you yesterday?”

Me: “We’ve moved the appointment from Monday to Tuesday. That’s why I’m here today.”

Patient: “Yes, we talked about you coming here on Tuesday, but I didn’t know that meant Monday would be cancelled.”

Me: “We have to have therapy twice a week, so instead of Monday and Wednesday, we now do Tuesday and Wednesday.”

Patient: “Ah, I see.”

(We go on normally. Everything works fine for two weeks, until I get stuck in traffic one Tuesday morning and don’t make it to her. I call her to let her know. The next day, I visit as usual.)

Patient: “Where were you on Monday? I thought you’d be here on Monday.”

(I start explaining again why I can’t come in on Mondays and how we moved it to Tuesday.)

Patient: “But I thought that would be only once. I didn’t know you wanted to come to the day care every week. Every time you come, I miss out on the games and quizzes we do there.”

Me: “I am sorry, but that’s why I asked you if it’s okay before I actually changed the plan. I don’t have many options left right now.”

(I feel bad for her, as I obviously didn’t explain it to her properly, so I explain it again and make extra sure she understood what happened. Finally, I offer to sacrifice one of my lunch breaks to make room for her.)

Me: “The only open appointment would be Thursday at 11:30.”

Patient: “No, that’s not possible, either. Can’t we do Monday, 11:00?”

Me: “As I already explained, I am on a huge tour and can’t be back before 13:30, which won’t work because of the physical therapy. Is there something else you do on Thursdays?”

Patient: “No, it’s just so inconvenient. Why can’t we do Monday?”

Me: “Because I asked you if we could change the time and date. If you had said no, I wouldn’t have changed anything. But I did, and your old appointment is no longer available. What would be a more convenient time for you?”

(Surprisingly, Monday at 11 was still the only time she was willing to agree, so I had to re-reschedule about ten patients, and now I’m back to my old awkward plan.)
Old 05-17-2021   #733
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

A Taste For Bad Taste
DOCTOR/PHYSICIAN, HOME, MALAYSIA, SILLY | HEALTHY | JULY 26, 2018
(My family is friends with another family whose dad is an obstetrician/gynaecologist and also a huge joker. In our part of the world, there are sometimes weird pseudo-scientific food fads, including products containing colostrum which is the special milk that comes out just after a mother mammal gives birth — even though cow colostrum isn’t really going to help you unless you’re a calf. At a party, someone shows up with some of these “health” products

Friend: “Look, I brought these colostrum biscuits.”

Obstetrician: *takes one and munches on it* “Hmm, doesn’t taste like colostrum.”
Old 05-18-2021   #734
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

10 loại thực phẩm người bệnh thận nên tránh
Khuê Nguyễn
Khuê Nguyễn

1 2 3 4 5
minhkhue2307@gmail.com
10:09 - 06/03/2021 0 THANH NIÊN ONLINE

Đối với những người khỏe mạnh, điều quan trọng là phải uống đủ nước để thận có thể đào thải mọi chất thải dư thừa một cách hợp lư.
Hạn chế thịt đỏ trong chế độ ăn uống có thể có khả năng làm chậm sự tiến triển của bệnh thận, cũng như giảm nguy cơ tim mạch. /// Ảnh minh họa: Shutterstock
Hạn chế thịt đỏ trong chế độ ăn uống có thể có khả năng làm chậm sự tiến triển của bệnh thận, cũng như giảm nguy cơ tim mạch.
ẢNH MINH HỌA: SHUTTERSTOCK
Nếu bạn không uống đủ nước, cơ thể sẽ không tiết đủ nước tiểu, có thể dẫn đến rối loạn chức năng thận, chẳng hạn như tạo sỏi thận.
Theo Viện Y học Mỹ, lượng nước nạp vào cơ thể hằng ngày là khoảng 2,7 lít (khoảng 11 ly) mỗi ngày đối với phụ nữ và 3,7 lít (khoảng 15 ly) mỗi ngày đối với nam giới.
Tuy nhiên, nếu bạn bị bệnh thận và đang t́m cách cải thiện sức khỏe tổng thể của thận, chuyên gia Patricia Bannan (Mỹ) nói rằng bạn có thể cần hạn chế lượng nước uống vào.
Bà Bannan nói: “Điều này là do thận bị tổn thương không thải hết chất lỏng ra ngoài được. Quá nhiều chất lỏng trong cơ thể có thể gây nguy hiểm. Nó có thể gây ra huyết áp cao, sưng phù và suy tim. Chất lỏng bổ sung cũng có thể tích tụ xung quanh phổi của bạn và khiến bạn khó thở”.
Bà Bannan cho biết thêm: “Thận là cơ quan thiết yếu giúp chúng ta duy tŕ cân bằng chất lỏng và điện giải, đồng thời loại bỏ chất thải ra khỏi máu. Những người bị bệnh thận không có chức năng đầy đủ của thận. Tiêu thụ các chất dinh dưỡng mà thận khó xử lư, bao gồm protein, natri, kali và phốt pho, có thể làm hỏng thận".
Dưới đây là các loại thực phẩm mà người có vấn đề về thận nên tránh, theo Eat This, Not That!
1. Đậu khô và đậu Hà Lan
Đậu khô và đậu Hà Lan có hàm lượng phốt pho rất cao. Tốt nhất là bạn nên tránh các loại đậu và đậu Hà Lan đóng hộp v́ chúng được biết là chứa nhiều natri.
2. Sản phẩm từ sữa
Nên tránh các sản phẩm từ sữa, bao gồm sữa, kem, sữa chua và pho mát v́ sữa tự nhiên chứa nhiều phốt pho và kali.
Tuy nhiên, các sản phẩm từ sữa rất giàu canxi, v́ vậy hăy thận trọng khi kết hợp quá nhiều các sản phẩm từ sữa với các thực phẩm giàu phốt pho và kali khác nếu thỉnh thoảng bạn được phép thưởng thức, theo Eat This, Not That!
3. Quả hạch
Mặc dù các loại hạt (bao gồm cả bơ đậu phộng) chứa nhiều chất dinh dưỡng và khoáng chất, nhưng không may chúng cũng chứa nhiều kali, phốt pho và natri.
Đổi bơ từ các loại hạt để lấy các món ăn có lợi cho thận hơn như bơ, bơ thực vật (đều không chứa kali), thạch hoặc mứt.
4. Sản phẩm cám
Các sản phẩm làm từ cám, chẳng hạn như bánh ḿ nguyên cám/ngũ cốc, bột yến mạch chứa nhiều phốt pho và kali, v́ vậy bạn nên ăn bánh ḿ trắng nếu có các vấn đề về thận.
Lưu ư, nhiều sản phẩm bánh ḿ có xu hướng chứa nhiều natri.
5. Chuối
10 loại thực phẩm người bệnh thận nên tránh - ảnh 1
Chuối chứa nhiều kali, người mắc bệnh thận cần lưu ư

SHUTTERSTOCK

Chuối được biết đến là một trong những loại trái cây giàu kali nhất. Thật không may, nhiều loại trái cây có hàm lượng kali cao, v́ vậy Bannan khuyên bạn nên tránh các loại nước trái cây làm từ chúng, bao gồm nước cam, nước cà chua, nước ép mận, nước mơ và nước bưởi.
6. Thịt đỏ và thịt chế biến
Cả thịt đỏ và thịt đă qua chế biến đều chứa nhiều natri, protein và phốt pho, tất cả đều nên tránh trong chế độ ăn uống thân thiện với thận.
Bannan nói: “Đối với những người mắc cả bệnh tiểu đường và bệnh thận, điều này có thể làm cho t́nh trạng kháng insulin của họ trở nên tồi tệ hơn. Một đánh giá nghiên cứu cho thấy rằng hạn chế thịt đỏ trong chế độ ăn uống có thể có khả năng làm chậm sự tiến triển của bệnh thận, cũng như giảm nguy cơ tim mạch”.
7. Khoai lang, khoai tây trắng
Ngâm và luộc khoai tây có thể giúp giảm 50% lượng kali, tuy nhiên, điều này không loại bỏ hết kali trong khoai tây. Những món này bạn sẽ phải tránh, cho dù chúng thường là món ăn phụ trong bữa tối của bạn.
8. Cà chua
Loại rau củ này chứa nhiều kali, v́ vậy tốt nhất bạn nên bỏ qua không chỉ v́ bạn đang cố gắng làm sạch thận của ḿnh mà c̣n phải chiến đấu với bệnh tự miễn dịch.
Davita Kidney Care khuyên bạn nên chọn hành tây, nấm, tỏi hoặc ớt thay cho cà chua.
9. Quả bơ
10 loại thực phẩm người bệnh thận nên tránh - ảnh 2
Quả bơ

SHUTTERSTOCK

Mặc dù có rất nhiều lợi ích sức khỏe khi ăn bơ, nhưng nếu bạn có các vấn đề về thận th́ nên tránh. Tin hay không tùy bạn, bơ chứa nhiều kali hơn chuối.
10. Nước ngọt
Không có ǵ ngạc nhiên, bạn nên tránh uống nước ngọt. Nước ngọt, đặc biệt là các loại có màu sẫm, chứa đường và thêm phốt pho, mà cơ thể con người hấp thụ cao, theo Eat This, Not That!
TIN LIÊN QUAN
Old 05-18-2021   #735
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Uống nước ở nhiệt độ nào là tốt nhất?
Thiên Lan
Thiên Lan

1 2 3 4 5
thienlan70@gmail.com
00:12 - 05/03/2021 1 THANH NIÊN ONLINE

Có thể nói rằng tất cả chúng ta đều cố gắng uống nhiều nước suốt cả ngày, đặc biệt là khi tập thể dục nhiều hơn và khi cố gắng giảm cân.
Nên giữ cho cơ thể luôn đủ nước /// Ảnh: Shutterstock
Nên giữ cho cơ thể luôn đủ nước
ẢNH: SHUTTERSTOCK
Nhưng bạn có biết uống nước ở nhiệt độ nào sẽ tốt cho cơ thể hơn không?
Một nghiên cứu được công bố trên tạp chí về chuyển hóa Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism đă xem xét tác động của việc uống nước ở người trưởng thành khỏe mạnh.
Mỗi người tham gia được cho uống gần 500 ml nước ở nhiệt độ pḥng.
Kết quả là trong ṿng 40 phút sau khi uống nước, những người tham gia đă tăng 30% sự trao đổi chất, theo First For Woman.
Các nhà nghiên cứu kết luận rằng uống 2 lít nước ở nhiệt độ pḥng hằng ngày có thể làm tăng tiêu hao năng lượng của cơ thể, đồng thời cũng thúc đẩy sự tiêu hóa tuyệt vời.
Uống nước không quá lạnh cũng đă được chứng minh là có thể làm dịu táo bón như nghiên cứu đă đề xuất trên tạp chí về tiêu hóa Gastrointestinal Nursing.
Nghiên cứu đă xem xét điều ǵ xảy ra sau khi bệnh nhân đă phẫu thuật cắt túi mật được uống khoảng 200 ml nước ở nhiệt độ vừa phải.
Kết quả chỉ ra, những người uống nước có thể đi vệ sinh dễ dàng hơn nhiều so với không uống nước, theo First For Woman.
Rơ ràng, ngoài việc giữ cho cơ thể đủ nước, lưu ư đến nhiệt độ của nước uống là ch́a khóa để thúc đẩy quá tŕnh trao đổi chất của bạn đạt mức cao để đốt cháy chất béo và giảm cân nhanh chóng.
Lợi ích tuyệt vời của việc uống nước nóng
Uống nước ở nhiệt độ nào là tốt nhất? - ảnh 1
Đơn giản chỉ cần cảm nhận nước không quá nóng hoặc quá lạnh là được

1. Có thể làm giảm nghẹt mũi
Một cốc nước nóng tạo ra hơi nước. Cầm một cốc nước nóng và hít sâu làn hơi nhẹ nhàng này có thể giúp làm thông các xoang bị tắc và thậm chí giảm đau đầu do viêm xoang.
Uống nước nóng có thể giúp làm ấm màng nhầy trong xoang và làm dịu cơn đau họng do chất nhầy tích tụ, theo Health Line.
Theo một nghiên cứu, uống nước nóng giúp giảm sổ mũi, ho, đau họng và mệt mỏi nhanh chóng và lâu dài.
2. Có thể hỗ trợ tiêu hóa
Uống nước nóng đặc biệt hiệu quả để kích hoạt hệ tiêu hóa.
Một nghiên cứu năm 2016 cho thấy nước ấm có thể có tác dụng thuận lợi đối với chuyển động của ruột và tống khí ra ngoài sau khi phẫu thuật.
3. Có thể cải thiện chức năng hệ thần kinh trung ương
Nghiên cứu từ năm 2019 đă chỉ ra rằng uống nước - dù nóng hay lạnh, có thể cải thiện hoạt động của hệ thần kinh trung ương, cũng như tâm trạng.
Nghiên cứu này cho thấy rằng uống nước giúp tăng cường hoạt động năo trong các hoạt động trí óc và cũng làm giảm sự lo lắng.
4. Có thể giúp giảm táo bón
Trong nhiều trường hợp, uống nước là cách hữu hiệu để ngăn ngừa táo bón. Uống đủ nước sẽ giúp làm mềm phân và giúp đi ngoài dễ dàng hơn.
Uống nước nóng thường xuyên có thể giúp đại tiện đều đặn.
5. Cải thiện lưu thông máu
Uống nước ấm có thể giúp các cơ quan tuần hoàn - động mạch và tĩnh mạch - giăn nở và đưa máu đi khắp cơ thể hiệu quả hơn.
6. Có thể giảm mức độ căng thẳng
V́ uống nước nóng giúp cải thiện các chức năng của hệ thần kinh trung ương, nên sẽ giúp giảm cảm giác lo lắng, giữ sự b́nh tĩnh, hài ḷng và cảm xúc tích cực.
Ngoài ra, hơi ấm từ việc uống nước nóng hoặc tắm vào ban đêm có thể giúp bạn thư giăn và chuẩn bị cho giấc ngủ ngon.
7. Có thể giúp giải độc cơ thể
Một nghiên cứu năm 2020 cho thấy uống nhiều nước hơn có thể giúp bảo vệ thận nhờ làm loăng các chất thải trong máu,
Và theo Tổ chức Viêm khớp, uống nước rất quan trọng để thải độc cơ thể. Nó cũng có thể giúp chống viêm, giữ cho khớp được bôi trơn tốt và ngăn ngừa bệnh gút, theo Health Line.
C̣n uống nước lạnh th́ sao?
Uống nước lạnh ảnh hưởng đến cơ thể của bạn theo những cách mà bạn có thể không lường trước.
Một nghiên cứu cho thấy uống nước lạnh khiến chất nhầy ở mũi dày hơn và khó đi qua đường hô hấp hơn.
Nếu bạn đang cố gắng điều trị cảm lạnh hoặc cúm, uống nước lạnh có thể khiến t́nh trạng tắc nghẽn trở nên tồi tệ hơn.
Có một số căn bệnh mà uống nước lạnh có thể làm trầm trọng thêm.
Uống nước lạnh c̣n có thể gây ra chứng đau nửa đầu ở những người đă từng bị chứng đau nửa đầu, theo Health Line.
Chứng achalasia - một chứng bệnh làm ngăn cản thức ăn di chuyển qua thực quản, cũng có thể trở nên tồi tệ hơn khi uống nước lạnh trong bữa ăn.
Nên uống nước ấm cỡ nào?
Uống nước ở khoảng 20 độ C là tốt nhất.
Đơn giản chỉ cần cảm nhận nước không quá nóng hoặc quá lạnh là được.
Cần chú ư tránh uống nước quá nóng v́ có thể làm hỏng mô trong thực quản, đốt cháy vị giác và bỏng lưỡi, thậm chí làm tăng nguy cơ ung thư ṿm họng.
V́ vậy, từ bây giờ hăy bỏ thói quen uống nước đá và tập uống nước ấm bạn nhé!
Old 05-18-2021   #736
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Một tác dụng phụ đáng lo của việc không uống đủ nước
Khuê Nguyễn
Khuê Nguyễn

1 2 3 4 5
minhkhue2307@gmail.com
00:09 - 11/03/2021 0 THANH NIÊN ONLINE

Ai cũng biết cơ thể cần nước để hoạt động tốt và tồn tại. Và nếu bạn không uống đủ nước trong ngày, có một tác dụng phụ nghiêm trọng mà bạn cần lưu ư, và đó cũng là cách mà nước có thể ảnh hưởng đến tâm trạng của bạn.
Không uống đủ nước sẽ khiến bạn có tâm trạng tồi tệ /// SHUTTERSTOCK
Không uống đủ nước sẽ khiến bạn có tâm trạng tồi tệ
SHUTTERSTOCK
Theo một nghiên cứu từ PLOS One, uống nước có liên quan đến khoa học để giúp bạn tỉnh táo và thậm chí giữ tinh thần sảng khoái, theo Eat This, Not That!
Không uống đủ nước sẽ khiến bạn có tâm trạng tồi tệ
Trong nghiên cứu cụ thể của PLOS One, các nhà nghiên cứu đă đánh giá điều ǵ đă xảy ra khi họ yêu cầu hai nhóm khác nhau uống lượng nước khác nhau.
Nhóm đầu tiên đại diện cho những người uống nhiều nước, họ được yêu cầu giảm lượng nước thông thường của họ mỗi ngày.
Nhóm thứ hai đại diện cho những người uống nước với lượng nước thấp, họ được yêu cầu tăng lượng nước thông thường của họ.
Kết quả của cuộc nghiên cứu cho thấy tâm trạng bị ảnh hưởng đáng kể dựa trên lượng nước cho cả hai nhóm.
Những người uống nhiều nước điển h́nh đă bị "giảm sự hài ḷng, b́nh tĩnh, cảm xúc tích cực và hoạt động/hoạt bát" khi được yêu cầu uống ít nước hơn b́nh thường sau 3 ngày.
Một tác dụng phụ đáng lo của việc không uống đủ nước - ảnh 1
Những người uống ít nước điển h́nh đă trải qua điều ngược lại khi được yêu cầu uống nhiều nước hơn b́nh thường trong 3 ngày đó, họ cảm thấy "giảm mệt mỏi/sức ́, bối rối/hoang mang và khát nước và xu hướng giảm buồn ngủ".
Nhóm uống một lượng nước ít hơn trong thời gian 3 ngày thử nghiệm phàn nàn về đau đầu, khát nước, buồn ngủ và khó tập trung. V́ vậy, bạn hăy coi đây là dấu hiệu để đổ đầy chai nước của bạn càng sớm càng tốt.
Bạn nên uống bao nhiêu nước để có tâm trạng tích cực?
Nếu bạn nh́n vào nghiên cứu, nhóm được cải thiện tâm trạng của họ đă uống 2,5 lít nước mỗi ngày, tức là khoảng 10,5 ly nước. Nhóm không cảm thấy tốt và tâm trạng giảm sút chỉ uống 1 lít nước trong ngày, tức là chỉ uống 4 ly nước trong ngày.
Điều quan trọng cần lưu ư là mỗi cơ thể đều khác nhau và lượng nước cơ thể bạn cần sẽ khác so với những người khác.
Một cách dễ dàng để xác định lượng nước bạn nên uống trong một ngày là thông qua một phép tính đơn giản. Bạn chỉ cần chia đôi trọng lượng cơ thể của bạn và uống số đó theo ounce. V́ vậy, nếu bạn nặng 160 pound (khoảng 72,5 kg), bạn nên uống 80 ounce (khoảng 2,3 lít) nước mỗi ngày - tương đương với 10 ly, theo Eat This, Not That!
TIN LIÊN QUAN
Old 05-18-2021   #737
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

ước mía có thể giúp giải độc và giảm cân như thế nào?
Khuê Nguyễn
Khuê Nguyễn

1 2 3 4 5
minhkhue2307@gmail.com
13:20 - 21/01/2021 0 THANH NIÊN ONLINE

Chuyên gia dinh dưỡng nổi tiếng người Ấn Độ Rujuta Diwekar khuyên bạn nên uống nước mía ít nhất 3 lần một tuần để giải độc tự nhiên, theo Times of India.
Nước mía /// Ảnh: Shutterstock
Nước mía
Ngoài việc thải độc tố ra khỏi cơ thể, nước mía c̣n là một món ăn ngon. Về cơ bản, nó quản lư phản ứng nhiệt trong cơ thể và mang lại hiệu quả làm mát.
Theo chuyên gia Rujuta, nước mía giúp làm sạch đường ruột của bạn, tăng quá tŕnh trao đổi chất và cuối cùng dẫn đến giảm cân.
Vào mùa đông, mọi người thường quên uống nước nhưng cơ thể vẫn cần chất lỏng. Trong t́nh huống như vậy, uống một ly nước mía không chỉ có thể giúp cơ thể ngậm nước mà c̣n mang lại hàng tá lợi ích.
Mẹo cần ghi nhớ
Tốt hơn là nên có nước mía mới xay thay v́ đóng gói. Những loại đóng gói sẽ có nhiều phụ gia, đường và ít dinh dưỡng hơn. Mặt khác, nước mía mới xay sẽ không chỉ ngon hơn mà c̣n cung cấp một lượng chất dinh dưỡng tốt cho cơ thể của bạn.
Chuyên gia Rujuta Diwekar khuyên bạn nên uống nước mía tốt nhất trước buổi trưa. Nước ép mía siêu tốt cho đường ruột của bạn và cũng giúp bạn tạm biệt mọi loại mệt mỏi.
Hăy chắc chắn rằng bạn luôn ngồi xuống và sau đó uống nước mía từ từ. Người ta nói rằng ngồi trong khi uống nước giúp các chất dinh dưỡng đến năo và thúc đẩy hoạt động của nó.
Nó cũng ngăn ngừa chứng đầy hơi có thể xảy ra khi bạn uống vội bất kỳ loại chất lỏng nào trong khi đứng, theo Times of India.
Nhiều lợi ích sức khỏe
Nước mía có tác dụng như một loại thuốc lợi tiểu, giảm đầy hơi và giúp thận hoạt động tốt hơn.
Nước ép mía cũng được sử dụng như một phương pháp điều trị bệnh vàng da v́ nó chứa nhiều chất điện giải và giúp hoạt động b́nh thường của gan.
Nước mía cũng có lợi cho làn da của bạn, v́ các a xít Alpha hydroxy có trong nó ngăn ngừa mụn trứng cá và mang lại cho bạn một làn da mềm mại.
Nước ép mía cũng làm giảm táo bón, tăng cường khả năng sinh sản và cũng giúp phụ nữ có kinh nguyệt khó khăn.
Nếu bạn bị ra máu nhiều, đặc biệt là vào ngày thứ hai của kỳ kinh th́ hăy uống nước mía trước kỳ kinh một tuần, theo Times of India.
Old 05-18-2021   #738
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Điều ǵ xảy ra khi bạn ăn quá nhiều bột yến mạch?
Khuê Nguyễn
Khuê Nguyễn

1 2 3 4 5
minhkhue2307@gmail.com
00:09 - 15/01/2021 0 THANH NIÊN ONLINE

Bột yến mạch thực sự là một trong những thức ăn sáng lành mạnh nhất mà bạn có thể ăn. Trên thực tế, bột yến mạch đă được chứng minh là bữa sáng tốt nhất cho cuộc sống lâu dài.
Tô bột yến mạch với chuối, dâu, bơ, quả hạch /// Ảnh: Shutterstock
Tô bột yến mạch với chuối, dâu, bơ, quả hạch
Tuy nhiên, trong khi bột yến mạch có rất nhiều lợi ích cho sức khỏe - như có một lượng chất xơ lành mạnh - th́ việc ăn quá nhiều bột yến mạch có thể tạo ra một số tác dụng phụ tiêu cực cho cơ thể.
Đây là lư do tại sao Eat This, Not That! t́m đến các bác sĩ và chuyên gia dinh dưỡng để t́m hiểu điều ǵ sẽ xảy ra với cơ thể bạn khi bạn kết thúc việc ăn quá nhiều bột yến mạch cùng một lúc.
1. Bạn có thể tăng đáng kể lượng đường nạp vào cơ thể
Tiến sĩ Gan Eng Cern (Mỹ) nói: “Mọi người thường muốn bột yến mạch của họ ngọt hơn để không ăn một bữa ăn nhàm chán. Họ đạt được điều này bằng cách thêm đường, vụn sô cô la và các đồ ăn ngọt khác, cuối cùng làm giảm giá trị dinh dưỡng tổng thể của bột yến mạch khi những chất bổ sung này làm tăng thêm calo, chất béo, đường, carb", theo Eat This, Not That!
2. Bạn đang hạn chế khẩu vị dinh dưỡng của ḿnh
Điều ǵ xảy ra khi bạn ăn quá nhiều bột yến mạch? - ảnh 1
Nếu ăn nhiều bột yến mạch cùng một lúc, bạn có thể bị đầy hơi do lượng chất xơ cao hơn trong cơ thể. Thay vào đó, hăy chia nhỏ bột yến mạch của bạn khi bạn ăn vào bữa sáng

ẢNH MINH HỌA: SHUTTERSTOCK

Theo tiến sĩ Eng Cern, mặc dù bữa sáng với bột yến mạch hằng ngày có thể cung cấp cho bạn tất cả năng lượng và dinh dưỡng cần thiết để bắt đầu một ngày mới, nhưng nếu cứ như thế sẽ hạn chế nhiều loại thực phẩm lành mạnh mà bạn có thể ăn vào buổi sáng. Về cơ bản, bạn đang tước đi cơ thể ḿnh được nuôi dưỡng bằng các thực phẩm lành mạnh khác - bạn đang hạn chế khẩu vị của chính ḿnh, điều này khiến bạn bỏ lỡ tất cả các món ăn ngon khác có thể cung cấp cho bạn nhiều dinh dưỡng và năng lượng.
3. Có thể dẫn đến suy dinh dưỡng và giảm khối lượng cơ
Tiến sĩ Eng Cern cho biết: “Mặc dù bột yến mạch giúp thúc đẩy giảm cân bằng cách ngăn chặn sự thèm ăn của bạn, nhưng ăn nó quá nhiều có thể dẫn đến suy dinh dưỡng và giảm khối lượng cơ bắp. Điều này là do yến mạch giữ cho bạn no lâu hơn, v́ vậy bạn thường mất khả năng của cơ thể để báo hiệu bạn ăn nhiều hơn trong suốt cả ngày".
Đây là lư do tại sao điều quan trọng là phải bổ sung nhiều loại thực phẩm dinh dưỡng vào chế độ ăn uống của bạn.
4. Có thể gây đầy hơi
Do hàm lượng chất xơ trong bột yến mạch, quá tŕnh tiêu hóa có thể gây đầy hơi cho một số người, đặc biệt nếu bạn không quen ăn bột yến mạch thường xuyên.
"Nếu bạn chưa quen với yến mạch, chúng có thể gây đầy hơi, v́ vậy tốt nhất bạn nên bắt đầu với một phần nhỏ", tiến sĩ Lisa Young, tác giả của cuốn sách Finally Full, Finally Slim, cho biết.
Nếu ăn nhiều bột yến mạch cùng một lúc, bạn có thể bị đầy hơi do lượng chất xơ cao hơn trong cơ thể. Thay vào đó, hăy chia nhỏ bột yến mạch của bạn khi bạn ăn vào bữa sáng.
5. Có thể dẫn đến tăng cân
Tiến sĩ Young nói: “Ăn một phần nhỏ bột yến mạch cũng có thể dẫn đến tăng cân. Hăy quan sát lớp phủ bên trên bột yến mạch: một hoặc hai muỗng canh quả óc chó hoặc hạt lanh nghiền nát là rất tốt nhưng quá nhiều bơ hoặc đường th́ không nên", theo Eat This, Not That!
TIN LIÊN QUAN
Old 05-18-2021   #739
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Điều ǵ xảy ra khi bạn ăn quá nhiều mật ong?
Khuê Nguyễn
Khuê Nguyễn

1 2 3 4 5
minhkhue2307@gmail.com
10:09 - 08/01/2021 4 THANH NIÊN ONLINE

Mật ong là thực phẩm thay thế lành mạnh cho đường. Nhưng cũng giống như bất kỳ thứ ǵ khác, quá nhiều mật ong cũng có hại cho sức khỏe của bạn.
Mật ong /// Ảnh: Shutterstock
Mật ong
Mật ong được tạo ra bởi những con ong từ mật hoa của hoa. Nó giúp giảm cân và có nhiều lợi ích sức khỏe khác. Bạn đă bao giờ nghĩ liệu có thể có bất kỳ tác dụng phụ nào khi tiêu thụ mật hoa ngọt ngào này không?
Dưới đây là 5 điều có thể xảy ra khi bạn tiêu thụ quá nhiều mật ong, theo Times of India.
1. Tăng lượng đường trong máu của bạn
Mật ong rất giàu đường và carbohydrate. V́ vậy, nếu bạn ăn quá nhiều mật ong, nó có thể làm tăng lượng đường trong máu của bạn.
Tiêu thụ quá nhiều mật ong, đặc biệt nếu bạn là bệnh nhân tiểu đường, có thể dẫn đến tăng lượng đường trong máu, gây nguy hiểm.
2. Có thể dẫn đến các vấn đề về dạ dày
Điều ǵ xảy ra khi bạn ăn quá nhiều mật ong? - ảnh 1
Mật ong

SHUTTERSTOCK

Các vấn đề tiêu hóa như táo bón có thể trở nên tồi tệ hơn khi tiêu thụ quá nhiều mật ong. Hàm lượng fructose cao trong mật ong có thể dẫn đến táo bón, ngay cả khi bạn không mắc phải bất kỳ vấn đề nào.
Nó cũng có thể dẫn đến đầy hơi hoặc tiêu chảy v́ cơ thể bạn không thể tiêu hóa quá nhiều đường cùng một lúc.
3. Có thể làm giảm huyết áp
Mật ong có tác dụng tốt đối với những người bị cao huyết áp. Nhưng khi tiêu thụ quá mức, nó cũng có thể làm giảm huyết áp xuống dưới mức b́nh thường, c̣n gọi là hạ huyết áp. Về lâu dài, huyết áp thấp có thể ảnh hưởng đến hoạt động của tim.
4. Có thể dẫn đến tăng cân
Nếu bạn đang thực hiện chế độ ăn kiêng giảm cân, việc kiểm soát lượng mật ong ăn vào là điều vô cùng cần thiết. V́ lượng calo dư thừa, đường và carbohydrate có trong mật ong có thể phản tác dụng mục tiêu giảm cân của bạn.
5. Có thể gây ra các vấn đề về răng miệng
Quá nhiều mật ong có nghĩa là quá nhiều đường, có thể thúc đẩy sâu răng. Theo Cơ sở dữ liệu dinh dưỡng quốc gia Mỹ của USDA, khoảng 82% mật ong là đường, có thể làm hỏng răng của bạn. Mật ong có tính dính, có nghĩa là nó có thể bám vào răng của bạn và thúc đẩy sâu răng hơn nữa, theo Times of India.
Bao nhiêu mật ong là an toàn?
Điều quan trọng là phải thực hành điều độ khi tiêu thụ mật ong. Khoảng 50 ml mật ong mỗi ngày là tối ưu cho sức khỏe của bạn. Bạn không nên đi quá đà để tránh các vấn đề nói trên, theo Times of India.
Old 05-18-2021   #740
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Uống nước chanh ấm khi bụng đói, tốt hay xấu?
Khuê Nguyễn
Khuê Nguyễn

1 2 3 4 5
minhkhue2307@gmail.com
00:06 - 29/11/2020 3 THANH NIÊN ONLINE

Thức dậy vào mùa lạnh không phải là điều dễ dàng và nhiều người thường bắt đầu bằng ly cà phê hoặc tách trà để bắt đầu ngày mới!
Nước chanh /// Ảnh: Shutterstock
Nước chanh
Không có ǵ ngạc nhiên khi ngụm đầu tiên có thể cung cấp cho bạn năng lượng ngay lập tức, nhưng nó có cung cấp cho bạn lượng dinh dưỡng cần thiết không?
Cách tốt nhất cho điều này là uống một ly nước chanh đơn giản khi bụng đói. Loại nước tự làm lành mạnh này sẽ không chỉ thải độc tố ra khỏi cơ thể, mà vô số lợi ích sức khỏe của thức uống này có thể tăng cường khả năng miễn dịch và giúp kiểm soát cân nặng một cách tự nhiên.
Theo một nghiên cứu được công bố tại Thư viện Y khoa Quốc gia, thực phẩm giàu vitamin C có thể có tác dụng bảo vệ sức khỏe tim mạch. Một quả chanh có tới 31 mg vitamin C, có thể đáp ứng tốt tới 51% nhu cầu hằng ngày của cơ thể về vitamin C. Điều này giúp ngăn ngừa tắc nghẽn động mạch và lắng đọng chất béo trong cơ thể và giảm nguy cơ mắc bệnh tim, đột quỵ và bệnh tiểu đường, theo Times of India.
Uống nước chanh có thể giúp giải độc và làm sạch hệ thống, cải thiện tiêu hóa bằng cách tăng tỷ lệ trao đổi chất và a xít citric trong chanh có thể giúp làm tan sỏi thận.
1. Giữ cho bạn đủ nước trong mùa lạnh
Uống nước chanh ấm khi bụng đói, tốt hay xấu? - ảnh 1
Nước chanh không chỉ là giải khát mà c̣n có lợi cho sức khỏe

SHUTTERSTOCK

Thời tiết lạnh giá có thể làm giảm lượng nước của bạn và khiến cơ thể mất nước. Uống nước chanh ấm khi bụng đói có thể giữ cho bạn đủ nước và bổ sung các chất dinh dưỡng bị mất cho cơ thể.
Để làm nổi bật hương vị và chỉ số sức khỏe của thức uống nhanh vào buổi sáng, bạn có thể thêm một th́a cà phê mật ong. Điều này sẽ tăng cường khả năng miễn dịch của bạn và sự hiện diện của vitamin C trong chanh giúp tăng cường khả năng miễn dịch và sức đề kháng chống lại các bệnh theo mùa và chữa viêm họng một cách tự nhiên.
2. Hỗ trợ tiêu hóa khỏe mạnh
Nước chanh giúp tăng cường sức khỏe của gan và dẫn đến sản xuất nước mật, chất cần thiết cho hệ tiêu hóa khỏe mạnh.
Ngoài ra, sự kết hợp của nước ấm và chanh giúp làm sạch hệ thống và sự hiện diện của pectin, một chất xơ ḥa tan trong chanh giúp cải thiện sức khỏe đường ruột. Pectin làm chậm sự hấp thu đường từ thức ăn và có thể giúp giảm lượng đường huyết trong cơ thể.
3. Uống để giảm ho và cảm cúm
Nhấm nháp một ly nước chanh ấm vào sáng sớm có thể tăng cường hệ miễn dịch một cách tự nhiên. Sự hiện diện của vitamin C và các thành phần sắt trong chanh cùng với các khoáng chất có trong nước có thể tăng cường miễn dịch một cách tự nhiên.
Trên thực tế, uống nước chanh ấm vào mùa đông có thể giúp giảm nghẹt mũi, xoang và đau họng. Nó tiếp tục xây dựng sức đề kháng để chống lại dị ứng và cúm theo mùa trong mùa này.
4. Cách giảm cân tuyệt vời
Uống một ly nước chanh ấm vào buổi sáng có thể giải độc cơ thể và sự hiện diện của pectin giúp cải thiện sự trao đổi chất và sức khỏe đường ruột, giúp cải thiện tiêu hóa.
Thức uống này cũng giúp thúc đẩy quá tŕnh đốt cháy chất béo trong cơ thể. Tuy nhiên, nó hoạt động tốt nếu bạn thích nghi với lối sống lành mạnh.
5. Tăng chỉ số sức khỏe của bạn khi uống chanh
Để làm thức uống nhanh chóng này, bạn cần ½ quả chanh. Cho vào một ly nước ấm là nước ép của ½ quả chanh, thêm một chút quế và 1 th́a cà phê mật ong để tăng chỉ số sức khỏe của đồ uống.
Sự có mặt của quế và mật ong sẽ giúp bạn giữ ấm trong thời tiết lạnh giá, theo Times of India.

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. V́ một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hăy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hăy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.