Several of Donald Trump's vivid memories of 9/11 lack evidence and don't hold up to scrutiny - VietBF

News Library Technology Giải Trí Portals Tin Sốt Home

HOME

NEWS 24h

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > USA NEWS > USA News in English

Old  Default Several of Donald Trump's vivid memories of 9/11 lack evidence and don't hold up to scrutiny
Over the years, Donald Trump has made many claims about his memories of 9/11.

Many others have made false or exaggerated claims about the attack, such as pretending to be survivors.

A psychiatrist coined the term "9/11 sign" to refer to those who lied about the event to garner sympathy.

By Alia Shoaib

Most people can vividly recall where they were the moment they heard about the terrorist attacks in New York City on 11 September 2001.

Donald Trump is no different.

Over the years, the former president has extensively described his memories of the day, including that he helped first responders and lost "hundreds" of friends in the attack.

Many of his claims lack evidence and don't hold up to scrutiny.

On Tuesday, Trump reiterated some of these claims on Newsmax and revealed some previously untold details.

"I was down there right after the event and I brought a big crew of people down. And I helped, a lot of other people helped. Those first responders are very brave," Trump told the outlet.

Trump also revealed that "two big firemen" took him to safety after hearing creaks coming from a nearby building, which appears to be a new addition to the story.

"I said, 'That building is going to come down,' and two big firemen grabbed me and grabbed other people, and they just moved out of that area. Never came down, but I never heard a noise like that. And it was a scary situation," Trump told Newsmax.

Although he was seen at Ground Zero in the days after the attack, there was no evidence that he helped, according to Vice News.

On 9/11, Donald Trump said that he had watched the attacks unfold through the window of his apartment in Trump Tower.

On the day of the attack, he also claimed that 40 Wall Street, also known as the Trump building, had become the tallest building in downtown Manhattan after 9/11, which was, in fact, incorrect.

Most notoriously, He said that he saw Muslims celebrating in the streets of New Jersey, an assertion that multiple fact-checkers have cast doubt on.

"This defies basic logic," PolitiFact's Lauren Carroll wrote in a "Pants on Fire" ruling in 2015.

"In the case of 9/11, Trump's line between memory and hyperbole appears to be blurry," The Associated Press reported.

The 9/11 fantasists

Donald Trump is not the only one to have made spurious claims about their experiences on 9/11.

Psychiatrist Jean Kim, who worked in New York City in the years after the attack, wrote an article in The Washington Post in 2015 about the trend of people falsely claiming they had lost relatives in 9/11.

She said she started to become suspicious at the high number of people who told her they lost a loved one in the attack and noticed inconsistencies or outright lies in some stories.

She coined the term "9/11 sign," which refers to people who reported a 9/11 death in their history in an attempt to gain either sympathy or material benefits.

There have also been several cases of fantasists weaving elaborate lies about being 9/11 survivors, The Independent recently reported.

The most famous case is of Alicia Esteve Head, a Spanish woman who fabricated a detailed story about being a 9/11 survivor until The New York Times revealed the deception in 2007.

Head was living in Barcelona when the terrorist attack struck New York City and started going by the name Tania.

As Tania Head, she became heavily involved in the World Trade Center Survivors' Network, later becoming its president.

Head claimed to have been chairing a Merrill Lynch meeting on the 78th floor of the South Tower on 11 September, when a plane crashed into the building.

She described her traumatic experiences in vivid detail, including seeing her assistant being decapitated and crawling through the carnage before being helped to safety by a kind volunteer.

She also claimed that her fiance Dave, who she sometimes called her husband, died in the North Tower.

Dave, whose surname was withheld by The New York Times to protect his identity, was a real person who lost his life in the terrorist attack.
His family and friends told the paper that they had never heard of Head and had not been aware of a relationship between them.

Similarly, actor and comedian Steve Rannazzisi claimed to have made a narrow escape from the 54th floor of the South Tower after the first plane crashed into the North Tower.

In 2015, Rannazzisi admitted it was a lie after The New York Times confronted him with evidence that undermined his account.

"I was not at the Trade Center on that day,"
he said in a statement provided to the paper. "I don't know why I said this. This was inexcusable. I am truly, truly sorry."

"For many years, more than anything," Rannazzisi said, "I have wished that, with silence, I could somehow erase a story told by an immature young man. It only made me more ashamed. How could I tell my children to be honest when I hadn't come clean about this?"

According to psychiatrist Jean Kim, misguided people such as Head and Rannazzisi sometimes try to manipulate traumatic events for material or emotional gains.

"We shouldn't necessarily just feel enraged by these individuals (although it certainly is tempting.)", Kim wrote in The Washington Post.

"These are usually ultimately sad, lonely, empty people who capitalize on this unprecedented capacity for charity."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tin tức
R4 Cao Thủ Võ Lâm
Release: 09-11-2021

Profile:
Last Update: None Rating: None
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trifake4565.png
Views:	0
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	1867110  
Tin tức_is_offline
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4 Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5
Old 09-11-2021   #2
FitnessUSA
R3 Hảo Kiếm Khách

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6
FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6

Không sủa không phải là Trump.
FitnessUSA_is_offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FitnessUSA For This Useful Post:
GreyTiger (09-12-2021), mrhtran1 (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021   #3
mrhtran1
R3 Hảo Kiếm Khách

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2
vnch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitnessUSA View Post
Không sủa không phải là Trump.
Chính xác...hahaha
mrhtran1_is_offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhtran1 For This Useful Post:
FitnessUSA (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021   #4
FitnessUSA
R3 Hảo Kiếm Khách

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6
FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6FitnessUSA Reputation Uy Tín Level 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhtran1 View Post
Chính xác...hahaha
Nhìn miệng Trump lúc sủa không nín ói được.
FitnessUSA_is_offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FitnessUSA For This Useful Post:
mrhtran1 (09-12-2021)
Old 09-12-2021   #5
GreyTiger
R5 Cao Thủ Thượng Thừa

Thanked 1,766 Times in 840 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6
GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6GreyTiger Reputation Uy Tín Level 6

FUCK you Donald "DUMP"!
GreyTiger_is_offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreyTiger For This Useful Post:
mrhtran1 (09-12-2021)

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. Vì một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hãy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hãy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.