Trump blasts Biden for not 'following the plan' his administration crafted for Afghanistan - VietBF

News Library Technology Giải Trí Portals Tin Sốt Home

HOME

NEWS 24h

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > USA NEWS > USA News in English

Old  Default Trump blasts Biden for not 'following the plan' his administration crafted for Afghanistan

Former President Donald Trump criticized President Joe Biden on his Afghanistan withdrawal strategy.

"He ran out of Afghanistan instead of following the plan our Administration left for him," he said.

Biden alleged that Trump "left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001."

By John L. Dorman

ormer President Donald Trump on Saturday blasted President Joe Biden for not "following the plan" that the Republican administration crafted regarding a withdrawal from Afghanistan.

During his 2016 campaign and continuing at the White House, Trump said he would keep the United States "out of endless and costly foreign wars," and this weekend, the former president took time to criticize what he perceives as Biden's foreign policy "weakness."

"He ran out of Afghanistan instead of following the plan our Administration left for him — a plan that protected our people and our property, and ensured the Taliban would never dream of taking our Embassy or providing a base for new attacks against America," he said in a statement. "The withdrawal would be guided by facts on the ground."

He added: "After I took out ISIS , I established a credible deterrent. That deterrent is now gone. The Taliban no longer has fear or respect for America, or America's power."

Biden has long sought to end the war in Afghanistan, which has been ongoing for nearly 20 years.

On Saturday, Biden appeared to shift the blame for any sort of Afghanistan blunder to Trump, who he said left the Taliban "in the strongest position militarily since 2001."

"When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor — which he invited the Taliban to discuss at Camp David on the eve of 9/11 of 2019 — that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001 and imposed a May 1, 2021 deadline on US forces," the president said. "Shortly before he left office, he also drew US forces down to a bare minimum of 2,500."

Last November, the number of troops in the country was roughly 4,000, before Trump ordered a reduction.

When Biden announced in April that he sought to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan, Trump called the development "a wonderful and positive thing to do," much to the consternation of many Republicans who feared the loss of democratic gains in the country.

In his Saturday statement, Biden continued by saying that he did not want another president to inherit the longstanding conflict.

"When I became President, I faced a choice — follow through on the deal, with a brief extension to get our Forces and our allies' Forces out safely, or ramp up our presence and send more American troops to fight once again in another country's civil conflict," he said. "I was the fourth President to preside over an American troop presence in Afghanistan — two Republicans, two Democrats. I would not, and will not, pass this war onto a fifth."

On Saturday, Mazar-i-Sharif, the fourth-largest city in Afghanistan and the government's last northern stronghold, fell to the Taliban, as insurgents carried out a sweeping military campaign in seizing provincial capitals.

Taliban forces on Saturday captured Jalalabad, the capital of the eastern Nangarhar province.

Shortly thereafter, NBC News reported that insurgents were entering Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, to "stop looting" in the city.

The Associated Press reported that Afghan President Ashraf Ghani left the country as the Taliban advanced into the capital. Afghan Chairman of the High Council for National Reconciliation Abdullah Abdullah said in a video statement that Ghani had left the country, referring to him as the "former president."

Biden on Saturday authorized 5,000 troops to aid US personnel in leaving the country.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tin tức
R4 Cao Thủ Vơ Lâm
Release: 08-16-2021

Profile:
Last Update: None Rating: None
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cap83.png
Views:	0
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	1848447  
Tin tức_is_offline
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4 Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. V́ một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hăy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hăy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.