Go Back   VietBF > World Box| Thế Giới > World News in English

Old 11-08-2021   #1
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,885 Times in 12,763 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
Default Trump told RNC chair he was leaving GOP to create new party

11/8

In an angry conversation on his final day as president, Donald Trump told the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee he was leaving the GOP and creating his own political party -- and that he didn't care if the move would destroy the Republican Party, according to a new book by ABC News Chief Washington Correspondent Jonathan Karl.

/
Trump only backed down when Republican leaders threatened to take actions that would have cost Trump millions of dollars, Karl writes his upcoming book, "Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show."

The book gives a detailed account of Trump's stated intention to reject the party that elected him president and the aggressive actions taken by party leaders to force him to back down.

The standoff started on Jan. 20, just after Trump boarded Air Force One for his last flight as president.

MORE: Trump leaves White House hours before Biden's inauguration: 'Have a good life'
"[RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel] called to wish him farewell. It was a very un-pleasant conversation," Karl writes in "Betrayal," set to be released on Nov. 16.

"Donald Trump was in no mood for small talk or nostalgic goodbyes," Karl writes. "He got right to the point. He told her he was leaving the Republican Party and would be creating his own political party. The president's son, Donald Trump Jr., was also on the phone. The younger Trump had been relentlessly denigrating the RNC for being insufficiently loyal to Trump. In fact, at the January 6 rally before the Capitol Riot, the younger Trump all but declared that the old Republican Party didn't exist anymore."

With just hours left in his presidency, Trump was telling the Republican Party chairwoman that he was leaving the party entirely. The description of this conversation and the discussions that followed come from two sources with direct knowledge of these events.

"I'm done," Trump told McDaniel. "I'm starting my own party."

"You cannot do that," McDaniel told Trump. "If you do, we will lose forever."

"Exactly. You lose forever without me," Trump responded. "I don't care."

Trump's attitude was that if he had lost, he wanted everybody around him to lose as well, Karl writes. According to a source who witnessed the conversation, Trump was talking as if he viewed the destruction of the Republican Party as a punishment to those party leaders who had betrayed him -- including those few who voted to impeach him and the much larger group he believed didn't fight hard enough to overturn the election in his favor.

In this Jan. 12, 2021, file photo, President Donald Trump steps off Air Force One upon arrival in Harlingen, Texas.© Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images, FILE In this Jan. 12, 2021, file photo, President Donald Trump steps off Air Force One upon arrival in Harlingen, Texas.
"This is what Republicans deserve for not sticking up for me," Trump told McDaniel, according to the book.

In response, McDaniel tried to convince Trump that creating his own party wouldn't just destroy the Republican Party, it would also destroy him.

"This isn't what the people who depended on you deserve, the people who believed in you," McDaniel said. "You'll ruin your legacy. You'll be done."

But Trump said he didn't care, Karl writes.

"[Trump] wasn't simply floating an idea," Karl writes in the book. "He was putting the party chairwoman on notice that he had decided to start his own party. It was a done deal. He had made up his mind. 'He was very adamant that he was going to do it,' a source who heard the president's comments later told me."

Following the tense conversion, McDaniel informed RNC leadership about Trump's plans, spurring a tense standoff between Trump and his own party over the course of the next four days.

MORE: Fully break or remain loyal: Republican voters reckon with GOP’s future after Trump
While Trump, "morose in defeat and eager for revenge, plotted the destruction of the Republican Party ... the RNC played hardball," according to the book.

"We told them there were a lot of things they still depended on the RNC for, and that if this were to move forward, all of it would go away," an RNC official told Karl.

According to the book, "McDaniel and her leadership team made it clear that if Trump left, the party would immediately stop paying legal bills incurred during post-election challenges."

"But, more significant, the RNC threatened to render Trump's most valuable political asset worthless," Karl writes, referring to "the campaign's list of the email addresses of forty million Trump supporters."

"It's a list Trump had used to generate money by renting it to candidates at a steep cost," says the book. "The list generated so much money that party officials estimated that it was worth about $100 million."

Five days after revealing plans that could have destroyed his own political party on that last flight aboard Air Force One, Karl writes, Trump backed down, saying he would remain a Republican after all.

In this Nov. 9, 2020, file photo, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel speaks during a press conference at the Republican National Committee headquarters in Washington, D.C.© Samuel Corum/Getty Images, FILE In this Nov. 9, 2020, file photo, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel speaks during a press conference at the Republican National Committee headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Asked this week to respond to Karl's book, both Trump and McDaniel denied the story.

"This is false, I have never threatened President Trump with anything," McDaniel told ABC News. "He and I have a great relationship. We have worked tirelessly together to elect Republicans up and down the ballot, and will continue to do so."

Trump, responding to the story, said, "ABC Non News and 3rd rate reporter Jonathan Karl have been writing fake news about me from the beginning of my political career. Just look at what has now been revealed about the Russia, Russia, Russia hoax. It was a made up and totally fabricated scam and the lamestream media knew it. It just never ends!"

Trump has long denounced news reports that he had considered starting his own party as "fake news." In Karl's final interview with the former president for his book, Trump claimed to not recall his conversation with McDaniel on Jan. 20, saying, "a lot of people suggested a third party, many people" -- but that he himself had never even thought about leaving the GOP.

"You mean I was going to form another party or something?" Trump asked Karl incredulously. "Oh, that is bulls**t. It never happened."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AAQrNQl.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1915313  
florida80_is_offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to florida80 For This Useful Post:
Be_True (11-08-2021)
Old 11-09-2021   #2
mrhtran1
R3 Hảo Kiếm Khách

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2mrhtran1 Reputation Uy Tín Level 2
vnch

"Trump told RNC chair he was leaving GOP to create new party" Go ahead, loser, lunatic, insane, mentally ill man...hahaha
mrhtran1_is_offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. Vì một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hãy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hãy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.